About the Founder: Dr Monica Vermani, C. Psych.
VitaOdyssey’s Let’s Start Living! Online Programs are the culmination of Dr. Vermani’s work to help improve society and to enhance individuals’ personal development: to become higher, better versions of themselves, not just to improve their quality of life but also for those around them.
- For the last few years Dr. Vermani has been treating patients in her own thriving private practice; MV Psychological Services, in downtown Toronto.
- She is also currently working at the Toronto General Hospital – Lyndhurst Rehabilitation Institute with brain and spinal cord injury patients.
- Was a clinical psychologist at the Stress, Trauma, Anxiety, Rehabilitation and Treatment (START) Clinic in Toronto.
- Spent many years at the Centre for Addiction & Mental Health (CAMH) in the Mood & Anxiety Disorders Clinic.
- She offers her services with the Correctional Service of Canada (Fenbrook and Beaver Creek Institutions).
- She teaches breath~body~mind therapy courses to the military population at Fort Drum in New York State.
- She also instructed 9’11 responders in New York City and war veterans in Watertown, New York.
- She has deep experience working with forensic populations in the Correctional Service of Canada (CSC) with female offenders (Vanier Centre for Women) and with male sex offenders (Keele & Annette CSC).
- Is a certified mindfulness meditation teacher and teaches stress reduction/mindfulness based cognitive therapies (MBSR/MBCT) to individuals and groups.
- Received her Doctor of Psychology in clinical psychology from the Adler School of Professional Psychology and is a member of the College of Psychologists of Ontario (#4998).
- Adjunct professor at Lakehead University.
- A certified coach practitioner, and a counselor/advocate for assaulted women and children (AWCCA).
- Volunteers in many projects worldwide including as a crisis and rehabilitation worker for Team Canada, Healing Hands in Haiti, and with a Toronto-based organization for abused women and children.
For more details about Dr. Vermani’s professional accomplishments and publications: