Conflict occurs almost daily, yet few people learn how to resolve it in a positive way. Conflict makes some people uncomfortable and many try to avoid it, but when issues go unresolved, small disagreements grow into larger problems and avoidance escalates.
Understanding ‘conflict’ gives the clarity and confidence to approach, negotiate, and resolve long-standing issues. Through adopting a structured process, participants are able to identify, manage and resolve workplace conflicts. This program guides and teaches a highly effective method for working it through.
You will learn how to:
- Differentiate between positions and interests
- Identify three approaches to conflict: Power, Rights, Interests
- Preserve relationships while working through disagreements
- Hold an interest-based conversation
- Start off well
- Recognize the impact of non-verbal communication
- Five ‘speaking strategies’ for conflict resolutions
- Build resilience in dealing with conflict
Who Will Benefit From This Training?
- Those who fear conflict and want to manage it better
- Those who negotiate and deal with difficult issues
- Anyone needing strategies to resolve conflicts
A half-day (4 hours) instructor-led workshop.